Maysville Baptist Church
Maysville, Georgia

news articles

 
Home

Up

Web link to MBC

News articles written about Maysville Baptist Church:

1908-0426 AC: The Easter services at the Baptist Church were largely attended.  The night service was conducted strictly by the younger members of the church.

Maysville pastorium completed
The (Anderson) Independent (circa 1961)

Maysville, Ga.—The Maysville Baptist Church at Maysville has recently completed its new pastorium, and open house will be held on Easter Sunday afternoon from 2 to 5 p.m.  The new pastorium, located one block from the church, replaces a house beside the church, now to be used for educational space.  A modified ranch-style home, the new building includes a living-dining room, three bedrooms, two baths, kitchen-family room and pastor’s study.

The building committee was composed of O. G. Ariail, chairman, M. F. Jarrett, J. T. Miller, T. G. O’Kelley, Roy Brooks and R. L. Presley.  Rev. Theron Miller is pastor of the church.

New officers installed in Maysville Baptist Woman's Missionary Society
The Gainesville Tribune, June 20, 1962

Officers of the Woman's Missionary Society of Maysville Baptist Church serving this year are, left to right, front row, Mrs. John Miller, mission study chairman; Mrs. Carl Saville, president; Mrs. B. H. Irvin, second vice-president; Mrs. Paul Deadwyler, treasurer; back row, Mrs. J. W. Strange, secretary; Mrs. Kathleen Voyles, first vice-president; and Mrs. M. E. Chandler.  Miss Blanche Sims, stewardship chairman, is not pictured.

New Steeple Placed on Maysville Baptist Church
The Commerce News, September 27, 1967, front page (two photos accompany this article)

The Maysville Baptist Church has a new steeple after a slight delay of 20 years. The steeple was set in place last Saturday, September 25, by Carroll Daniel Construction Co. of Gainesville. In 1947 when the present building was constructed, funds were not available to erect the steeple. In 1965 a committee was appointed to solicit funds under the leadership of Rev. Bryan P. Edwards, pastor; O. G. Ariail, Chairman of Deacons; and Miss Mary Arnold, Chairman of the Committee. Through the efforts of the committee and sacrificial gifts of many, the steeple is now in place. Other work will be done to complete the job. Rev. Calvin G. Berry, the new pastor of the church, is a native of Marshall County, Ala. Berry attended Howard College in Birmingham and graduated from Mercer University, Macon, and the Southern Baptist Seminary in Louisville, Ky. He served with the United States Army in World War II in the Philippine Islands and in the Japan Army of Occupation and the US Air Force after WWII. Berry’s former pastorates include: Noonday Baptist in Marietta, First Baptist in Union City, and the past six years at Due West Baptist in Due West, SC. He is married to the former Miss Joyce LeRoy, of Marietta, and the couple has two daughters, Carol, 10, and Joan, 7.

 

 

Page last updated April 15, 2013

This website is (c) 2001-2013 by W. Todd Dorsey.  Limited license is granted to you for personal use.  No part of this site may be reproduced or reprinted, either electronically or by other means, without the express written permission of the owner.  All rights reserved.